CITYLIGHT VISION STATEMENT:
Seek, love, and care for people like Jesus does.
Our values are statements about how we try to go about fulfilling our vision. If you’d like to read more about our vision statement, you can here. If you’d like to read about our beliefs, you can here.
SEEK PEOPLE LIKE JESUS DOES
1) You can belong before you believe.
We are unashamedly inviting people to connect, or reconnect, with God and church.
2) It’s OK to have fun and to be yourself.
Church meetings shouldn’t be boring or fake. We try our best to make sure we’re neither.
LOVE PEOPLE LIKE JESUS DOES
3) Circles are better than rows.
Faith in Jesus is not a solo sport. Our hope is for every person to find a home here.
4) Lifelong faith is cultivated one spiritual practice at a time.
The time tested practices of faith are crucial to our spiritual formation: being with Jesus, becoming like Jesus, and doing what Jesus did.
5) Teens and kids are a priority.
We want our young people to not only love coming to church, but to actively engage and contribute.
CARE FOR PEOPLE LIKE JESUS DOES
6) The other six days matter.
If we ceased to exist, would our community miss us? Our faith must lead to life-giving and redemptive service in our community.
7) Do for the one what you wish you could do for the many.
We value big dreams and daring generosity. We also value small beginnings and working hard to get there.
8) We practice living naturally supernatural lives.
We value participating in God’s supernatural work without being weird about it.