In these difficult times, we are committed to trying new things in an effort to serve people in our church in a variety of ways. We are trying to remain flexible, and trust in God, that the obstacles we face as a church, will prove to be the opportunities that strengthen our bonds, and grow our faith. With that in mind, we are begun in person services at a new location (Main Street Movies) while we wait for the school to re-open for us to meet in.
While our priority is to do our best to keep people safe, we obviously cannot guarantee your safety from the virus while meeting for in person church. Please review all recommendations and guidelines at https://www.cdc.gov/ to make the best informed decision for you and your family. We don’t want anyone to feel pressure to attend. We will also be continuing to offer a quality Online Church experience Sunday at 10am (see below).
Precautions we will be taking:
- We will be following DE state guidelines for Houses of Worship, which include:
- Social distancing will be enforced at the entrance and in seating areas. Rows are already six feet apart front to back, and there must be 3 chairs between families or singles.
- DE guidelines are 60% capacity for firecode of the entire building, we will be applying 60% to the seating capacity of the theater we are meeting in. It seats 211, so max attendance will be 125 and will be monitored by early and at the door registration through Eventbrite.
- All common surfaces will be cleaned before and after church use by movie theater staff.
- Everyone 3 years of age and older will be asked to wear a mask for the entire service.
- People 65 and older, or who are at higher risk, are encouraged to participate in CityLight Online Church, per CDC recommendations.
- If you are feeling sick, or may have been exposed to a positive case of COVID, please participate in CityLight Online Church instead, and email us so we can add you to our prayer team list!
- We will be preparing for contact tracing and notification by continuing to ask people to register ahead of time (or at the door) on our Eventbrite.
- You may come if you haven’t pre-registered, but if we hit the 125 max, we will have to ask you to watch from your car.
- If you’d like to see others in person, but prefer not to come inside, we will save some parking spaces out front for you to watch from your car together with others! For now, bring your own device, we may be able to offer iPads to each car in the future.
- Kids Ministry
- For 1st-6th graders, we will be offering the kids teaching video in another theater during the adult teaching.
- Our Kids Min Director (or a volunteer) will show the video and lead in a discussion.
- At this time there will be no snacks or crafts.
- All kids will be checked in before church and parents will have to answer a health questionnaire with COVID symptom questions.
- All kids will be given a temp check.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- When walking between theaters, we will maintain social distancing.
- Kids will sit alone with three chairs of separation on both sides.
- If a child cannot stay socially distant, they will be returned to their parent or guardian.
If you are not able to attend for any reason, please know that you are not alone. We are committed to making your church experience as meaningful and life giving as possible. We will be livestreaming from the theater so that our Online Church will sync with our In Person Church. We hope you can make one of them!
Thank you for your patience:
We know this is not ideal for anyone. Thank you for understanding as we try our best to serve everyone, and provide for our collective spiritual growth, and community well being.